As per the 2018 Forbes World’s listing of Billionaires , an all-time high of 256 richest women are in it; their collective net worth topped $1 trillion.Though most of the women at the top of the list inherited their fortunes, more than a quarter of the female were self-starters. The number of self-made women reached 72 for the first time.
- Liliane BettencourtNet worth: $39.5 billion
- Alice Walton reclaims the crown as the richest woman in the world, as her fortune leapt from $33.8 billion to $46 billion over the past year. The only daughter of Walmart founder Sam Walton, Alice moves up one spot to number 16.Walton takes the title of richest woman from L’Oreal heiress Liliane Bettencourt, who died in September 2017 at the age of 94.
- Jacqueline MarsNet worth: $27 billion
- Maria Franca FissoloNet worth: $25.2 billion
- Susanne KlattenNet worth: $20.4 billion
- Laurene Powell JobsNet worth: $20 billion7. Gina RinehartNet worth: $15 billion8. Abigail JohnsonNet worth: $14.4 billion
9. Iris Fontbona
Net worth: $13.7 billion
10. Beate Hesiter
Net worth: $13.6 billion
3. Third is Susanne Klatten, who has a $25 billion fortune primarily thanks to her inherited stake in automaker BMW.
In fact, of the top 10 wealthiest women, eight inherited all their riches.